ISLAMABAD: The federal government on Friday announced a series of major policy initiatives to facilitate overseas Pakistanis for their vital contribution to national progress and economy.
After appointment the Grievance Commissioner for Overseas Pakistanis by the Honorable Wafaqi Mohtasib, following steps have been taken for Overseas Pakistanis:
- Website for lodging of Overseas Pakistanis complaints relating to with 40 Federal Government Departments.
- Establishment of One window Facilitation Desks at 8 International Airports of Pakistan i-e Islamabad , Lahore , Karachi, Peshawar , Quetta , Multan , Sialkot and Faisalabad.
- Resolution of issues through helpline, mobile and email.
- Resolution of Overseas Pakistanis compensation cases.
- Ensuring MRP Facilitation for Overseas Pakistanis.
- Hearing of complaints through video link.
- Resolution of complaints in 45 days.
- Resolution of issues of renunciation of citizenship, attestation of documents and police clearance certificate.
- Facilitation in home remittances and issuance of FERC card.
- Facilitation of issuance of NICOP at airports.
- Ambassadors to hear Overseas Pakistanis complaints once a week without any appointment.
- Consular and legal assistance to Overseas Pakistanis prisoners.
- Resolution of systemic issues of NADRA, Passport Department, Foreign Office, OPF, Bureau of Emigration and Overseas Employment workers etc.
- Proposal for One Day Celebration in a year for Overseas Pakistanis.
- Settlement of Workers Insurance Claim and increase in period of coverage from two years to five years.
- Cognizance of monthly reports received from Missions.
- Awareness through media.
- Constitution of Advisory Committees for resolution of issues related to Federal Government Departments.
- Automation in Bureau of Emigration for Overseas Workers.
- As you are aware almost 8.4 million Pakistanis are working abroad and sending Home Remittances to Pakistan. In last two years these remittances have increased from 11.2 billion to 19 billion at 18 % growth rate. It is pertinent to mention here that due to above steps; Overseas Pakistanis are getting relief with reference to their individual and systemic issues. I have recently visited United Kingdom, Canada and USA where meetings were held with Pakistani Community. It was a pleasant visit and Pakistani Community living abroad is very patriotic and keen to participate in the economic activities of Pakistan. There are some of their genuine issues which need to be resolved through collaboration of different Government departments. In this regard, a celebration of National Overseas Pakistanis Day on 18 December has been proposed every year by this Secretariat to all relevant departments to acknowledge the services of Pakistani Nationals, who remained outstanding in various fields and are a great pride for this Country. The proposed celebration of Overseas Pakistani Day on every year will encourage the Pakistani community abroad and it will raise the image of Government departments.
- In view of above, you are therefore requested to please make necessary arrangements in all Pakistani Missions abroad (116) for celebration of National Overseas Pakistanis Day on 18 December, 2016 and invite the prominent community members for their recognition. It is further requested to provide the list of some prominent personalities of Pak Community (5 persons) and the best performer officials of every Mission to whom the acknowledgment certificates may be issued on National Overseas Pakistani Day by Federal Ombudsman’s Secretariat through Skype meeting. Also, please provide the list of prominent Pakistanis Community Organizations working for the welfare of Overseas Pakistanis abroad. (Both lists mentioned above along with updated focal persons of Pak Missions may be submitted to this Secretariat on 10-11-2016)
- A meeting on the subject will be held in the Federal Ombudsman’s Secretariat, Islamabad on 10-11-2016 to finalize the guidelines for celebration of National Overseas Pakistanis Days on 18-12-2016. It is requested that a senior officer may be deputed to attend the aforesaid meeting on 10-11-2016 on 11:00 AM at Federal Ombudsman’s Secretariat, Islamabad.
Courtesy: SAMA TV